Monday 3 September 2012

Googly eye inspiration!

I was so inspired by the googly eyes in the 'Googly Ghouls' designer kits that I found out an older set of stamps (that is discontinued) but could help using them on a birthday card for my lovely Mum!


Materials Used:

Unfrogettable Stampin' Up! Set (from 2009)
White card blank
126901 Candlelight Christmas Specialty Designer Series Paper
Googly Eyes!
102277 Old Olive Ink
101406 Staz On Black Ink
103954 Aqua Painter
119882 Scallop Border Punch
104430 Stampin' Dimensionals

Stamp the frogs with Staz On (it needs to be an archival or permanent ink to ensure you can watercolour it). Using the Old Olive ink pad and the aqua brush lift the ink and water colour the frogs. Cut them out once dry!
Add googly eyes and stampin' dimensional. Add a strip of paper to the bottom of the card blank and a paper ribbon. Edge with a border punch.
Attach the frogs and finish with the sentiment stamp.

I hope that she likes it - I had fun making it!

I was looking through the current catalogue and looking over the 'retiring stamps' that will finish when the new catalogue comes out in October (or before if they sell out!) and one of my favourite sets is being discontinued! So I decided to make a very quick 2 min card with that set!


So here is my 2 minute creation!



Material List:

111618 Crazy for Cupcakes stamp set
101406 Staz On Black Ink
Scrap of pink ribbon
White card blank
Pink pencil crayon
Red Sharpie
Glossy Accents

Stamp the cupcakes stand and sentiment on the card blank with the black ink. Colour in the cupcake cases in pink and the cherries in red. Add the pink ribbon and bow and dimensional glue on the cherries.

As promised I have been making a number of projects with the 'Googly Ghouls' stamp set, and here are a couple more to show you today.

I am a baker at heart, and love to embellish my cupcakes and baking with papercrafts in anyway I can, so here are some super cute Halloween cupcakes.


 
I just used one of the spare tags in the designer kit (as there are 20 tags and 10 gift bags!) on a cocktail stick, and hey presto!





On this cupcake I took the 126906 Howlstooth & Scaringbone Designer Series Paper and created a pleated rosette, punch two circles (one for the back and one for the front) stamped with the spider from the 129853 Ghoulish Googlies stamp set, the Booo sentiment on to Pumpkin Pie cardstock. Add the googly eyes stick on to a cocktail stick.


This one uses the same technique as above, but with different stamps and paper!

The cakes tasted delicious too! My four year old wants me to make some more like this for his Halloween party!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment